Products & Services
We started preparing the Television Audience Measurement project in Bulgaria in late 2011. Since then we extended our coverage from Sofia to other cities, towns and villages and we measure the TV audience in Bulgaria on a national level from the beginning of 2014.
We are part of the global Nielsen group which provides TV audience measurement in more than 30 countries around the world. More information can be found here.
Parameters of current TV Audience Measurement in Bulgaria since 2014
- Measurement is carried out on a representative sample (panel) of households with television sets. Households participating in the measurement have guaranteed anonymity in relation to our clients and data users.
- The audience is measured for every active TV set in each household, and all members of the household that are over 4 years old participate in the measurement.
- The panel of households was based on extensive Establishment Survey which was conducted during 2012 and 2013, with the goal of defining the basic characteristic of the TV audience.
- The panel of households is regularly updated. 25% of the panel is renewed each year.
- The structure of the panel is regularly checked and modified, so that the sample of households can effectively match the socio-demographic profile of households and individuals in Bulgaria according to the current data of the NSI (National Statistical Institute).
- The composition of the panel is regularly checked with regard to possible changes in characteristics that affect the TV audience rating in Bulgaria.
- The behaviour of panel members is checked daily by Nielsen Admosphere Bulgaria.
- We measure guests TV viewing (viewing of people visiting our panel homes as guests) as part of the TAM project. This feature is included in TAM projects in vast majority of developed countries.
- Monitoring of the changes in the TV population is provided by the “Continual Survey”.
- The Continual Survey for example examines the TV behaviour of Bulgarian households, their TV set equipment, their TV channel reception etc.
- We measure the TV audience in households using a TV-meter system. Audiomatching is the dominant technology in the measurement – a comparison of sound prints from all measured TV sets with a reference set of sounds of the measured TV channels. The measurement does not depend on the means of TV signal reception (DVB-T, satellite, cable, IPTV, Internet).
- During the day, the TV meter continuously sends the data via mobile operator data transfer to the processing centre.
- The time-shifted audience of programmes is included in the measurement project, i.e. the audience of a programme after its TV broadcast time, over a horizon of 7 days. It can occur on TVs with hard drives or other device allowing the recording and playback of TV broadcasts, or with help of so-called Smart TVs etc.
- The data collected from the panel are checked every morning by Nielsen Admosphere Bulgaria and later that day they are combined with information about broadcasted programs from broadcasting schedules.
- Daily data are available every morning by 10:00 am, within 4 hours of the end of the previous television day which is from 6:00 am to 6:00 am.
- The supplied data contain information about TV audiences accurate to the second, information about programs and socio-demographic information about households and the individuals living in them.